An Interview With A Hull Fan
A few games remain and we're on the back of a great win against Leeds...it's Vital Hull's turn for the questions.
With thanks to Matt Wilson.
1) Is the season going as you expected and what has been the highlight and lowlight so far?
After the dreadful start that we made to the season, the campaign has been a success that has taken us to the brink of the Play-Offs. We were at one point looking at League 1 football next season, so to be on the brink of the Play-Offs near the end of the season has been a bonus.
The lowlight was the start of the campaign when we suffered heavy away defeats at Doncaster Rovers, Millwall and Burnley. Yet, after such a dreadful away run, going 17 games unbeaten on the road has been the major highlight of the season.
2) Any transfer window deals that we might not be aware of, but should look out for as at a quick glance the most obvious one would be Fryatt?
Matty Fryatt was our main piece of business, but Nigel Pearson worked well and quickly to acquire Manchester United youngsters Cameron Stewart and James Chester for £300,000 deals.
3) Are you hoping for all 3 points this time out or would you be happy with another draw?
We've been poor at the KC Stadium this season, so I certainly hope we end the season on a high by taking maximum points from our encounter.
4) Where do you see your current weaknesses? Any clues will be greatly welcomed :-)
Our midfield can be weak at times with the inexperience of James Chester and Corry Evans, but they have done well to shelter the back four this season.
5) Who will be your key dangerman?
Matty Fryatt will lead the line and, with nine goals since signing in the summer, will be our main source of goals.
6) Do you believe Palace will survive following our win against Leeds?
You are now six points clear and only a disaster would see you relegated via goal difference. You are most certainly safe in my eyes.
7) What are your thoughts on Dougie Freedman?
I can't say I have followed his managerial performances too much, but he seems to have got you organised at home, built on a solid defence. He seems to have struggled to find the right forumla away from home however, and that has kept you near the relegation zone for the majority of the season.
8) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
Darren Ambrose - The midfielder can defend and attack and is the sort of box to box midfielder we need. Interestingly, we have been linked many times with Neil Danns, who plays in a similar style but perhaps with more tenacity.
9) Who do you see as our main threat?
With Danns out the side, I would say Ambrose for the same points as mentioned above.
10) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
You seem to perform poorly away from home so I would look for The Tigers to start positively at home, and find an early goal to ease the nerves and make you open up, so providing more time and opportunity to find further goals.
11) Finally, a prediction please...
Vital Crystal Palace on:
Vital Crystal Palace on:
Join Vital Crystal Palace
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!