An Interview With A Charlton Fan
Ahead of our game against Charlton, Red God from Vital Charlton was kind enough to answer a few questions.
So with thanks!
1) Is the season going as you expected and what has been the highlight and lowlight so far?
The highlights have been the performance at Birmingham & the result against Leicester. The lowlight was the performance at Forest. We knew it would be tough & the next few games will gives us a better idea of the kind of season we are going to have.
2) Any transfer window deals that we might not be aware of, but should look out for?
All deals were fairly low key other than the arrival of Ricardo Fuller who Palace fans know well. Ex Rangers midfielder, Salim Kerkar, could figure from the bench on Friday & is capable of scoring spectacular goals.
3) Where do you see yourself finishing this season?
Early days but mid table without any flirtation with relegation would be acceptable.
4) Where do you see your current weaknesses? Any clues will be greatly welcomed :-)
There is a lack of real creativity & pace in midfield which needs addressing.
5) Who will be your key dangerman?
Fuller is sure to play some part but Bradley Wright-Phillips is the one you guys will need to watch.
6) Where do you see Palace finishing this season?
Not as low as the so called experts are predicting! Lennie is the ideal right-hand man for Dougie & David Goodwillie is a good capture. Mid table I think.
7) What are your thoughts on Dougie Freedman?
The parralels with Chris Powell are uncanny. Club legend appointed to his first managerial job after failing to land Eddie Howe. Dougie has a tough job but is a bright young manager who will do well for you.
8) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
Wilfred Zaha, class player who will play in the Premier League. Yannick Bolasie would be a very useful asset to add pace too.
9) Who do you see as our main threat?
Zaha, Bolasie and Goodwillie will threaten any side if they are on song.
10) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
Palace are a strong side going forward but not so strong at the back. Powell will want a bright start to put Palace on the back foot though he will make plans to deal with your dangerous attacking players.
11) Finally, a prediction please...
A vital game for both sides. Prior to Forest, Charlton fans would be confidently expecting to win but coupled with your win over Wednesday, most will be expecting a close game. Hopefully, we can do enough to get a narrow win.
Vital Crystal Palace on:
Vital Crystal Palace on: