An Interview With A Blackpool Fan
Well this could be an interesting one, and I have no idea why I'd say that...Blackpool up next.
With thanks to Simon from Vital Blackpool.
1) Is the season going as you expected and what has been the highlight and lowlight so far?
I think after last years Play Off Final we had high hopes. We dared utter the word 'automatic' and started like a Bat out of Hell. Ipswich shipping 6, beating Leeds, all seemed well. Then suddenly we seemed to lose our spark. As for the lowlight - well, I think you guys can guess that one.
2) Any transfer window deals that we might not be aware of, but should look out for?
We tend to sign people we have either never heard of or were not expecting. I expect Appy will want to bring a couple in. Likely though is he will want to shift a load out (our squad is in excess of 40). We all hope to keep Ince until the Summer, but it's looking highly unlikely.
3) Where do you see yourself finishing this season and do you feel Michael Appleton is the right man for the job?
Appy is certainly different to his predecessor. We have not heard him mention promotion. He is certainly more down to Earth. I think the jury is out at the minute on him. If we can string a run together there is no reason we cannot get back in the mix. We still some good exciting players.
4) Where do you see your current weaknesses? Any clues will be greatly welcomed :-)
Well, as I am sure you will realise in time Ollie is defending what McDonald's are to health foods. The legacy of not having a clue how to defend set pieces is something that is difficult to shake off.
5) Who will be your key dangerman?
One word. Ince.
6) Where do you see Palace finishing this season?
I have a feeling you will hit a dip (Ollie doesn't do consistency). Play off final against us. Imagine that!
7) Were you surprised to see Dougie Freedman walk out on us and what do you think of the appointment of Ian Holloway?
Both situations seem bizzare. I am sure you wondered how Freedman saw Bolton as a move forward. With respect, so did we re Ollie jumping ship to you. We seemed to have weathered the managerial appointment storm with Bolton, Blackburn and Burnley appointing. Ollie took training on the Friday, next day he is on your pitch saying how fantastic you are. All very weird. He will certainly bring you excitement and entertainment. The football he likes to play is attacking, free flowing and in short gung ho. You'll love it!
8) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
I suppose Zaha - but saying that I can't believe he is out hyping Ince at the minute.
9) Who do you see as our main threat?
Again Zaha. I have a feeling he might be sent a 'message' early doors!
10) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
Complacency perhaps? You are on a roll and may see us as having had a tricky patch. Likewise if Ollie has got things sorted, you will have defenders dawdling.
11) Finally, a prediction please...
I think our players have a point to prove and will be well up for this one. I am going to be a bit left field here. It's not normal circumstances this so I am saying 3-0 to us!
Vital Crystal Palace on:
Vital Crystal Palace on:
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.